Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Turkey

After working for 7 days straight it is time for a well deserved long weekend..
THanksgiving! As an expanding homemaker role I will make the pie and turkey!! Maybe even the gravy this year, but I usually get shoved out of the way. Thanksgiving always has the extra pressure of it better be good or else. I will eventually get there.. once the flour versus cornstarch debate for gravy is resolved.

Attempted crafts for this weekend.
Pumpkin Raccoon. Thanks to Martha Stewart for inspiration. Every year I have been expanding my pumpkin carving expertise. This year will be the biggest challenge yet.
http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/pumpkin-raccoon

Every year my Grammie wanted us to write a list of all the things we were thankful for. Lame? Wrong. Every year when I refused to read my list because I was too embarassed. This is one of those things that sticks to you, not in regret but in memory. This lovely lady truly embraced fall and thanksgiving and I believe was her favourite holiday. It makes me smile.

Things I am thankful for:
- Ellen Degeneres
- PC Decandent cookies
- Rob Pattinson scenes as Cedric Diggory and Twilight scenes
- Prince sleeping in the grass on his back sunning himself
- Pauls reaction to the grey blankey turned the "wrong" way everytime
- The OBrien lounger
- My dads hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment